15 August 2009

My Foray into Senior Photos


This week I agreed to take senior photos for my niece & nephew. I wasn't sure how they would turn out, since I have no idea what I'm doing with my camera. But I'm actually pretty happy with the results. All of the photos were taken on their farm. They both compete in horse shows, so their horses had to be included!


This is my favorite shot of Keisha with her horse, Twister.

I was very happy with the angle of these shots.



I was experimenting with back lighting. Don't know if I was completely successful or not. Again, not quite sure how to use my camera!


I LOVE the photos with the grain bin. I'm really drawn to the horizontal lines. AND, the shape of the bin gives the illusion that I have a wide angle lens. :)


This is our tongue in cheek version of the senior portrait with the fancy car. Keisha was recently in a roll-over accident in her Jeep and was VERY blessed to come out of it with only minor injuries. I told her mom that this is her miracle shot!


I studied the sites of two photographers I know. I love their styles & used their photos as inspiration. Becky Novacek Photography in Omaha, NE & Khara Plicanic @ Kabloom Studios in Lincoln, NE.


This shot was a direct rip-off of Khara's shot in this blog post, although hers is much more dynamic!


I had so much fun, even though I was nervous that nothing was going to turn out right. Thanks for giving me a chance to take your photos, Randy & Keisha! Check out the rest of my favorites from this photo shoot here. What do you all think? Suggestions for what to do better next time? Comments? Let me know!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Great photos! I didn't know you were a photographer also!

C.K. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.